Problems Logging in?
The Internatiuonal Association for Paratuberculosis Website utilizes advanced php scripting to create a secure and protected environment. You MUST adhere to strict rules.
If you enter an invalid username or password, the script will not tell you the problem - it will just re-open the login screen. After all, if you (or an unknown person) are guessing, we are not going to tell you which, if any, you got right.
If you cannot login, please follow these steps:
- Click on the Forgot Password link. It will bring you to an page requesting that you enter your email address. The email address MUST be the email address that The Internatiuonal Association for Paratuberculosis has on file. If you entered an invalid email address, it will state so. If you enter the correct email address, it will send you a username and password reminder.
- Check you email, spam filters, etc. This is an automated email that may be identified as SPAM. If you do not receive an email (it was sent but may have been trapped by your Spam filter or that of your ISP), be sure to whitelist both paratuberculosis.com and server.baystateservices.com.
If, after performing the above
, you still cannot login, then there is a problem with your computer/browser. Try clearing your Temporary Internet Files
- Close ALL browser windows. Re-open a single instance of your browser.
- Clear all temporary Internet files, cookies, etc.
- In Internet EXplorer, click on Tools > Internet Options. Under Browser History (Under the General Tab), select Delete. On the window that opens it is recommended that you select Delete all. If you do not want to delete your saved passwords and/or saved form data (which are often causing the problem), see below. After deleting all temporary files, return to the Log In Page and login again.
- In FireFox, click on Tools and select Clear Private Data. Check all boxes and click Clear Private Data Now. If you do not want to delete your saved passwords and/or saved form data (which may causing the problem), see below. After deleting all temporary files, return to the Log In Page and login again.
- In all other browsers, see your user guide in deleting temporary files.
- If you save your passwords and form data with your browser, this is often a problem and the reason it was encouraged above that all passwords and saved form data be deleted. What happens when these options are enabled is that they will "correct" your input thereby automatically changing your password to the old password. To try to get around this, allow the page to fully load and wait until AFTER the browser enters the data for you. Only after your browser has entered your information, erase it and re-enter the correct values. When you click "login", watch the password field very carefully, if the password changes at all (you will notice a change in the number of * displayed), then you will have no choice but to delete your stored passwords and form data.
- Ensure that cookies are enabled. Cookies are required to "Remember login" and if cookies are not enabled, you will be unable to navigate from page to page.
- In Internet Explorer, Click on Tools > Internet Options > Privacy Tab. Your privacy setting must be "Medium" at a minimum. If you have it set to "Medium High", "High" or "Block all Cookies", then either change your Privacy setting to Medium or click on the Advanced Button and check "override automatic cookie handling" and check Accept First and Third Party Cookies. (Note that it is recommended that you set your overall privacy to Medium to allow automatic cookie handling).
- In Forefox, Click on Tools > Internet Options > Privacy Tab. Be sure that "Accept cookies from sites" is checked.
- In all other browsers, see your user guide for cookie handling.
If, AFTER attempting the above
you are still unable to login, contact the Webmaster
and provide the following information:
- Your username and password
- Your Operating System (To determine your exact operating system, right click on My Computer and select proprieties. Provide the full information, i.e., Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2)
- Your browser and version (To determine version, while in your browser, click on Help and then about. Provide only the first 2 values of the version, i.e., Internet Explorer version 7.0).
- Your Name, Phone Number, and good time to call.